Jacks or Better Strategy for Winning
Jacks or Better
Jacks or Better is considered to be one of the easiest variations of video poker. The game is easy and the strategy of the game is also easier to follow. The payout for royal flush in Jacks or Better is better than it is for the other hands and for that reason, the best strategy is to try and get a royal flush. There are plenty of options in the game which need to be weighed out properly.
Since the payout for the royal flush is the best, try and make a royal flush as much as you can. You should even consider and break up the hands which might be strong on their own just to try and make a royal flush if you can. Given below are a few strategies for playing Jacks or Better:
- If you have four cards which are a potential for royal flush then you can discard the fifth card even if you have to break up a flush or a straight.
- If you have three cards in your hand of a royal flush and if the hand has a three of a kind, full hours, four of a kind or a straight flush then you should just keep the winning combination. If not, discard the other two cards.
- If you have two cards of a royal flush you should keep the winning hands if you have any. Even if you have pairs you should keep them since the chances for royal flush with just 2 cards are quite low.
- If you have four cards of a straight flush you should keep the cards and discard the rest if you do not have a straight or a flush already.
- If you have three cards of a straight flush then you should keep your winning combinations even if it is just a pair. If you do not have any winning combinations then you should discard the other 2 cards and draw new ones.
- If you have two cards to a straight flush then you should not discard the other 3 cards if you have any winning combination or even a pair.
- If you have four cards from a flush then you should discard the fifth card unless you have a high pair.
- If you have three or two cards from a flush then you should keep your winning pairs and not discard them.
- If you have three of a kind you should keep and it and try to draw two new cards to get a four of a kind or a full house.
- If you have two pairs you should keep it unless you have three or four cards of a straight flush.
This was the basic strategy to be followed for Jacks or Better. If you follow this strategy, and practice you would be able to see a phenomenal difference in the quality of your game and even in your winnings. There is also another widely spread strategy called Deuces Wild.